A safe, fun, and practical approach
Maybe you’re getting back into dating after a long break, or perhaps dating has always seemed tricky — this course will give you the knowledge and tools to dive in!
These days, everyone has heard of online dating, even if they’ve never tried it. Online dating sites are increasingly how people meet each other. With everyone working more and more, meeting people the old-fashioned way, through friends or social gatherings, isn’t always practical.
This course covers:
- How to know when you're ready to date.
- Figuring out what you're looking for: what kind of person, what kind of relationship
- An overview of online dating sites and apps.
- How to write a compelling profile and present yourself in a flattering (and honest!) way.
- How to choose profile pictures.
- Tips for sending messages and choosing date locations.
- Ways to stay safe when meeting someone for the first (or second, or third) time.
- Current information about STIs, ways to protect yourself, and communication skills for bringing up the conversation with potential partners without it feeling awkward.
- Figuring out your must-haves and deal-breakers.
- Current dating terms and lingo
This course is broken up into lessons to make the content easy to move through at your own pace. You can do the whole course in one sitting, or spread it out over days or even weeks — whatever feels right for you.
In addition to the videos, this course includes numerous exercises, handouts, and worksheets including:
- A multi-page guide to popular dating apps
- A multi-page guide to choosing dating profile photos
- A dating profile writing exercise worksheet
- A worksheet for helping you identify your must-haves & deal-breakers
- A worksheet for helping you compose your safer sex conversations
- Additional articles and resources
By the end of this course, there will be nothing stopping you from diving into modern dating and building relationships that are right for you.
"I recently became single after more than 20 years of marriage. Stella's coaching on modern dating — online dating, safer sex concepts, boundaries, intimate communication, etc. have been vital to navigating this change in my life. Sessions with her are a safe place where I can ask questions without fear and get the answers I need. I highly recommend her services."
- Bill, Coaching client
Stella Harris believes communication is key to satisfaction in relationships.
Professionally trained and certified as an intimacy educator, coach, and mediator, Stella brings empathy, expertise, and a fresh perspective to help clients find their sticking points and break through the roadblocks to their goals.
A regular speaker at colleges, universities, conferences and venues across the US and Canada, Stella’s wide-ranging expertise has led to being featured on the evening news discussing the importance of sex education in schools, appearing as an expert witness in court, and even speaking as an authority on banana slug mating habits.
Stella’s sense of humor and ability to make difficult conversations approachable make her a frequent guest on podcasts like Sex Out Loud, Sex With Strangers, Shameless Sex, and The Pleasure Mechanics.
Stella is the author of two books, Tongue Tied: Untangling Communication in Sex, Kink, and Relationships, and The Ultimate Guide to Threesomes.
Learn more at www.stellaharris.net
Stella has been featured in numerous publications, including:
"Stella takes topics which can feel overwhelming and intimidating and makes them feel accessible, friendly, and fun. She’s highly skilled at meeting people where they’re at and helping them navigate the emotional terrain that surrounds sexual challenges. It’s a delight to learn from her."
- Kate Kenfield, Speaker, writer, and empathy educator.